Summer is a fabulous time to not only travel, but also welcome traveling guests into your home! That being said, is your guest room ready for summer sleepovers? Here in the South, the temperature can reach scalding temperatures of over 100 degrees, so making sure your family and friends are comfortable in your home this time of year is key. Here are our tips on how to get your guest room prepped for summer:
1. No summer bed is complete without a heaping dose of bright colors and loads of layers! We recommend having cotton sheets, a cotton quilt, and a thin cotton or linen duvet on hand for your guests. These natural and breathable layers will allow anyone to bundle up or pare down to their liking. The Scramble Fuchsia Matelasse Coverlet and Bedding Collection is just the ticket with it’s vibrant colors.
2. While part of the fun of summer is sleeping in just a tad later, no one wants to miss out on the summer fun, so an alarm clock will be much appreciated by sleepy guests. We like this sleek Color LCD Table Alarm Clock; it looks like it could have been snatched out of a chic hotel!
3. A small waste bin is essential, and in our book, you can’t get more fun than the Folksy Flower Waste Can by Stray Dog Designs.
4. These dainty Embroidered Sage Sheets by Pine Cone Hill are lightweight and match the Scramble Fuchsia Coverlet brilliantly.
5. A retro-inspired fan is both pretty and practical and will help keep your guests cool at night.
6. While a fluffy, plush robe is great in the cooler months, summertime calls for lighter options and we love this White Shower Wrap!
7. Magazines are a summer must-have, and this sleek Magazine Caddy will keep your guest room organized and stylish.
8. Last but not least, accent your summer-prepped guest room with some bright throw pillows. The Toadstool Pillows by Pine Cone Hill have the perfect summer pattern.
Whatever your choices, make sure your guest bedroom is bright and inviting for the upcoming fun summer months!