By this time of the new year red and pink pop up everywhere in our daily routines. That can only mean one thing: Valentine’s Day must be near! It’s official, love is in the air and parties are being planned!
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and that means love is in the air and parties are being planned! If you need some ideas and tips on how to perfect your love day festivities look no further than the ‘Sweet Shoppe Valentine’s Day Collection’ from Anders Ruff. They describe their party as “confection perfection so get your sweet tooth ready!To give the table a parlor / boutique feel, they displayed all of their desserts on upside down hat boxes on top of red cake stands. To make it even more appealing to the eyes, the ladies lined the trim of each of the hat boxes with light pink rik rak to give the illusion of cupcake wrappers.
The children’s table was a vintage bistro table with heart backed parlor chairs that we refurbished (spray painted). The parlor table was embellished with many printable graphics which included: printable coloring page placemats, cootie-catchers, soda pops with label and paper straw, cupcake sundaes with label and wooden spoon, and bowls of various chocolate (M&M’S, Hershey’s KISSES and mini candy bars). The parlor table had a centerpiece of cupcakes and favors. Mini cupcakes (Cupcrazed Cakery) were displayed along with the printable heart favor box in the center.The children wrote out their valentines using the printables from the collection and colored their placemats. They had a blast playing with the cootie catcher (a hit from last year’s “I Heart Valentine’s Day” collection). An ice cream container favor box (Polka Dot Market) was dressed up with a tissue pom (Nashville Wraps), printable label and rik rak scallopy trim. Again, they kept the major elements consistent throughout the entire party.The ladies wanted the desserts to still look like parlor treats while being seasonally appropriate. What better way than to mock them up using other confections?! The children had a blast and were interested in every little detail of the party. You can find all the printables for this lovely little party here! The collection includes Valentine’s specific graphics as well as more general designs so that they could be used year round.
Credits and Sources:
– Production & Event Styling: Anders Ruff
– Printable Graphic Decor Collection: Anders Ruff
– Photography: Becca Bond Photography
– Handmade Dress, Pants & Tie: Made by Morgan
– Bracelet: Maggie Kate
– Ice Cream Containers: Polka Dot Market
– Glass Beverage Bottles: Shop Sweet Lulu
– Red & White Paper Straws: My Little Love
– Label Material for Printables: OnlineLabels.com
– Tissue Paper and Trims: Nashville Wraps
– Cake, Ice Cream Cone Cake Pops, Cruffles: Got What It Cakes
– Cupcake Sundaes & Mini Cupcakes: Cupcrazed Cakery
– Cupcake Cake Pops: Pop-a-razzi
– Sugar Cookies & Chocolate Heart Lollis: Firefly Confections
– Lollipops: Candy Warehouse