Whether you’re hosting a baby shower, in charge of the favors and decor, or the guest of honor, you’ll love this round-up of 10 DIY baby shower favor and decor ideas! You don’t have to spend a lot of money to throw a memorable baby shower that all your guests will love. With a little creativity and ingenuity combined with some inspiration from the list below, you should have everything you need to shower the mom-to-be!
Dual-Purpose Decor – All of these DIY ideas serve as both cute decoration for the shower as well as great gifts for mom and baby!
1. Diaper Cake
Diaper Cakes make the perfect table centerpiece for a baby shower and are a fabulous gift for the mom-to-be. After all, you can never have enough diapers! Create your own diaper cake by following this tutorial or if you’re short on time, shop these lovely options by Bloomers Baby!
2. Floral Bouquet with a surprise twist
Flowers are always a great choice for any party. This particular bouquet however, has a fun surprise element. If you look closely, the flowers are actually made from baby hats and headbands! You can use the bouquet as decoration for the party and afterwards, mom has an adorable set of accessories for baby. Create your own by folding up a group of flower hats and/or headbands and securing with rubber bands or shop these pre-made sets!
3. 4. and 5. Cupcake Onesies, Onesie Lollipops and Onesie Sundaes!
Another gift new moms can’t get enough of is onesies! Why just throw it in a gift bag when you can create these clever onesie treats that everyone is sure to love?!
Baby Shower Favors
When deciding on your shower favors, try and think of something that all your guests will use/like, something basic but dress it up in a creative way.
1. Polish off your shower with these adorable Nail Polish Favors! What girl doesn’t want more nail polish? You can really choose any color you like but I think this idea to do blue for a boy’s shower and pink for a girl’s is super cute and complements the decor.
2. Having a Safari or Jungle-themed shower? Try these adorable Animal Cookie Favors from Kara’s Party Ideas!
3. How about a nautical theme? These Life Saver candy favors fit in perfectly with the theme and who can’t use more breath mints?
4. Ready to Pop Popcorn – How cute are these boxes? Find them at Hobby Lobby and the M&M and popcorn recipe here!
5. Hand Sanitizer! – This clever idea comes from the blog Home By Heidi. The tag reads “Thank you for coming and touching “Insert Mom’s Name” life, now you’ll be able to touch her baby” Love it!