Our Creative Contributors Maureen and Adria from Anders Ruff, designed this adorable Valentine’s Day party showcasing their “I Heart Valentine’s Day” printables collection. Whether you’re hosting a party for the kids, creating cards for the little ones to take to school, or just feeling up for a new DIY challenge, this collection has everything you need!
About The Shoot/Party Details
We designed a dessert table and a children’s table that would be perfect for a valentine’s day party or play date. The printable collection is designed to be fun, classic, festive and perfect for children, but could also be used for an adult. We included some new printable concepts to this collection and can’t wait to share! Lots of DIY projects were also included in the scene.
Here are the key elements:
– We used mixed glassware as our main serving and display pieces.
– Apothecary jars of varying heights and styles were displayed at the back of the table, along with a large glass beverage dispensing jar.
– Wrapped boxes with ribbon wraps were used to plate some of the small finger desserts.
– We designed DIY Pink Paper Plate polyhedrons and hung 3 equally spaced above the dessert table ( a great project for kids to help with!)
– DIY Stacked Fabric Flowers were put in a glass vase and displayed on the dessert table.
– Fabric from Ikea was used as the backdrop and the children’s chair covers
– Heart garland was hung in a scallop shape from the front of the table. We punched the hearts out of the printable papers from our collection.
– Food labels were used to personalize the desserts.
– The children’s table was covered with a solid pink fabric and the chairs were covered with the Ikea fabric – tied with Red Grosgrain ribbon. This really tied together the dessert and children’s tables.
– We showed unique packaging/decorating methods for favor boxes, wine bottles, soda pop bottles and personalized them with printed favor tags, hang tags and party logos.
– Heart Favor Boxes were created from the template in our printable collection and placed on the children’s plates.
– Printable valentines were made and we offer a printable pocket envelope to enclose the valentine in.
– Printable “cootie catchers/fortune tellers” were assembled and placed on the children’s table (Kids loved this!)
– Heart Cookies were hung with ribbon from the tall apothecary jars. (Allyson Jane designed the cookie with a hole so we could add a ribbon embellishment)
– We wrapped ribbon with printed party logos hung from each glass apothecary jars.
– The children photographed were wearing dresses from MiniMooh and the bowtie was also from MiniMooh
– We wrapped favor boxes and tied them with twine (from The Cupcake Social) and added a printed favor hang tag.
Food & Desserts (We had several contributors):
We used printable food labels from our design collection to customize our items at the table
– Cupcakes with fondant hearts and sparkling sugar (from Cupcrazed Cakery and Liners from The Cupcake Social)
– Heart shaped and circular custom lollipops were stuck into a paper wrapped styrofoam box (from One Charming Candy)
- Red/white striped paper straws were stuck into the red soda bottles. We added party flags to the straws as well. (Straws From Bake It Pretty)
– We baked swirly pink Meringue Hearts and displayed those flat on a low wrapped box
– Pink and Red Macaroons were displayed on the low wrapped boxes (from Sparkles Kitchen on etsy)
– Pink and Red Heart Shaped Fondant toppers were used to decorate a simple white cake (Fondant designed by Sweet Petal Bakery)
– We made layered desserts and served them in mini trifle cups. (red and white layered) We then stuck a lollipop out of the center of the dish that had our lollipop cover wrapper attached.
– Red punch was displayed in the center of the table and helped tie together the reds from the backdrop and the wrapped boxes.
– Cookies from Allyson Jane were displayed on the flat low boxes. We embellished the cookies with big pink satin ribbon. (The cookies were designed with a hole at the top to add ribbon – so cute!)
– White, Pink and Red Chocolate Truffle Pops were placed in cute liners (from The Cupcake Social) and embellished with hearts from our printable collection. We set these on a tray of heart shaped sprinkles.
– Glass candy jars were filled with red candies and a circular logo was placed on the lid. Perfect for a favor!
– We layered the large apothecary jars with pink and white cotton candy (a cheap filler that looks cute!) We then hung the red heart sugar cookies from the jars with pink ribbon.
– Hershey Kisses were labeled with circular labels at the bottom. (so sweet!)
– Hershey Chocolate Bars (mini) with personalized printable candy bar wrappers
– Red and Pink candies were used throughout the table in the back of the table/apothecary jars. Again, printed logos were hung around the necks of the lids of the jars using satin ribbon.
– Water bottle wraps used to embellish red Soda Bottles.
DIY Craft Projects
– Paper Plate polyhedron (used as hanging decor)
– Hand cut fabric layered flowers
– Heart Garland
About The Graphic Design Collection
This is a printable design collection that is perfect for everything from classroom valentines and favors to an entire party or dessert table.
We HEART Valentine’s Day. This printable design collection includes loads of designs to make your Valentine’s Day a special one. Whether you are celebrating with your sweet heart or making it special for the kids, this package is versatile and classic.
We added some unique new products to this printable collection. Cootie catchers (remember those!?), Heart favor/treat box templates and hershey kiss labels, heart shaped lollipop covers, valentines as well as a folding pocket envelope to enclose your valentine in.
The folding label designs can be used for place cards, name tags, food labels, beverage description labels. They are an excellent way to make your dessert or food buffet stand out. Flag labels are great for toothpicks for food, straws and cinnamon sticks. Wrap designs are wonderful to dress up any sauce, glass, water bottle wrap or adult beverage glass. Our 2″ party logos are great for everything from cupcake toppers, toothpick toppers, labels, stickers, lunch bag seals, treat bag seals, favor tags, napkin ring stickers.
Patterned papers can be used like scrapbook paper for garland, wrapping small favors, lining trays, decorating, banners and the list goes on!
The printable collection is straightforward enough for the average hostess but offers a lot of flexibility for the advanced crafter.
Credits and Sources
– Styling and Printable Graphic Design Package by Anders Ruff Custom Designs
– Photography by Becca Bond Photography
– Handmade Dresses and Bow Ties by Mini Mooh
– Cupcakes by Cupcrazed Cakery in Baxter
– Lollipops by This Charming Candy
– Fondant Decor by Sweet Petal Bakery
– Macarons by Sparkles Kitchen
– Sugar Cookies by Allyson Jane
– Cupcake Liners from The Cupcake Social
– Paper Straws from Bake It Pretty
– Cupcake Liners from The Cupcake Social