In honor of the first day of summer, I thought it would be a great day to do a post about designing a beach themed nursery or kid’s room!! I picked out a few of my favorite beach and ocean related items on RosenberryRooms.com and put together a complete nursery design for a beach inspired boy’s room! If you have or are having a girl don’t be discouraged, the majority of our products come in other colors or can be customized to your color choice! You can also check out our Beach Theme page for more ideas!
1 and 2. Small Starfish Framed Art and Small Whale Framed Art – These adorable framed art pieces by Doodlefish feature an animated yellow starfish and blue whale. They are mounted on canvas mats and hand painted with a coordinating ribbon for stylish hanging!
3 and 4. Sand Dollar Drawer Pulls and Starfish Drawer Pulls – Drawer pulls like these from Country Cottage add a subtle but meaningful accent to any room. Mix and match the sand dollar and starfish to complete the whole beach look!
5. Fish Adirondack Chair Lamp – This lamp is the perfect addition to your seaside inspired nursery! The weathered finish is a perfect fit and how adorable is the fish chair design?!
6. Bella Seashore Waste Basket – This classic waste bin from Charn & Company offers a stylish and nautical feel to any room. It also has a vintage, distressed look which really kicks the style up a notch!
7. Serena & Lily Classic Whites Aqua Gobi Embroidered Sheet Set – This classic sheet set from Serena & Lily really adds the finishing touch to your child’s room with a simple yet sophisticated look. The small blue accents tie in the ocean inspired theme too!
8. Starfish Switchplate or Outlet Cover – OK this is the piece that inspired the whole room for me! The hand-painted cover has a vintage feel but is still playful and whimsical. The orange fish and yellow starfish add an unbeatably adorable accent that will not go unnoticed!
9. Aloha Baby Hand Painted Wooden Hanging Wall Letters – Wall letters are a must-have in any nursery or child’s room! They add a unique and personal touch and these Aloha Baby letters are just perfect for our theme!
10. Shell Border Rug in Blue – This gorgeous rug from Nejad Rugs is from their Beach Rug Collection (perfect, right?) and this blue hue is fabulous for tying all the pieces of the room together to for one cohesive look.
11. Sand Dollar Hook Pillow – This elegant hook pillow adds an old world charm with its classic texture but a contemporary style with the sand dollar graphic. It’s a gorgeous accent to pair with the glider as shown in the image below.
12. Anna Swivel Glider Chair – Every nursery needs a glider and I think this Anna Swivel Glider Chair is this perfect classic piece for the room! The frame and the classic look of this chair really play well with the various whimsical pieces throughout the room.
I hope you enjoyed these beach inspired nursery ideas and hopefully they inspire you to create your own! Happy decorating!